Summary of Qualifications
Veteran of agency environments and dealing with clients ranging from one-person shops to Fortune 500 companies. Creative power-house with technical training and know-how to execute creative properly. B-2-B and B-2-C experience across the spectrum in industries including: biotech, law, oil and gas, state/government, finance, retail and others. Inspires co-workers and raises the bar of work in all regards. Will 'figure out how to make it work' everytime.
1991 Oklahoma State University, BFA Degree in Graphic Design, Stillwater, Oklahoma
1988 Midland College, Associates Degree - Midland, Texas
Jaguar Land Rover - North America, Portland, OR:
November 2012 - present
- Drupal 7 theming including custom Jquery, css, html and php templates.
- Some video shooting and editing
Sharp Microelectronics of the Americas. - Camas, Washington:
October 2012 - November 2012
- Managing the content, updates and design for multiple sites with traffic from various countries spanning primairily the continents of Asia, North America, South America and Europe. Maintaining the intranet site.
- Drupal 6.28 theming including custom Jquery, css, html and php templates.
- User management utilizing Knowledge Tree software
Charles Schwab Inc. - Austin, Texas:
March 2010-August 2012
Freelancer - Austin, Texas:
July 2008-March 2010
Interactive Lead - LTA - Austin, Texas:
Nov. 2006-July 2008
- Responsible for all interactive and web work (All Macintosh based)
- Extensive use of DreamweaverCS3.
- Conducted high-end retouching for print ads, designed print ads, signage and storyboarding for TV utilizing PhotoshopCS3 and AfterEffects 6.5.
- Created a broadcast .30 second spot entirely in After Effects 6.5 and contributed to two others.
- Helped various employees learn more about their tools and contributed to many print projects.
Senior Art Director - Mark Deitch - Burbank, California:
Jan. 2005- Oct. 2006
- One of four Art Directors in a loop that produced one of five different monthly full-color publications using InDesignCS2, PhotoshopCS2 and Illustrator CS2
- Handled new web work, including some interactive trade show work, conducted small changes on existing sites, and some print design. Fireworks, Dreamweaver, BBEdit, TextWrangler, CSS, HTML, ActionScript2.0 and Cinema4D were the main software packages utilized at this position.
Art Director - Canon Communications - Los Angeles, California:
Oct. 2003 – Jan. 2005
- Directed the editorial and special feature sections of Medical Product Manufacturing News utilizing InDesignCS2, Illustrator CS2, PhotoshopCS2, Cinema4D and QuarkXpress 6.
- Designed a trade magazine with Chinese language usage using InDesignCS2.
- Created editorial illustrations/charts, some tradeshow graphic work with IllustratorCS2, PhotoshopCS2 and Cinema4d.
Guest Instructor: Advanced Advertising - Nossi College of Design - Nashville, Tennessee:
May 2003 – Aug 2003
- Taught the Advanced Advertising class to seniors using provided text, but self-generated curriculum.
Senior Art Director - The Focus Group - Houston, Texas:
June 1999 – May 2002
- Created interactive promotions in Flash
- Received Macromedia Flash Training.
- Worked on tradeshow graphics and ads.
Art Director - Logic Design - Houston, Texas:
August 1998 – April 1999
- Print design for and various high-tech, oil and gas and finance clients, such as Haliburton, Caterpillar, and Mitsubishi utilizing QuarkXpress, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Completed one of the first 100% Flash sites on the world wide web.
Art Director - Ferrell and Spell Advertising - Tyler, Texas:
July 1995 – August 1998
- Branding and design for various clients in a variety of industries.
- Created the current logo and the first website for Temple-Inland using hand-coded HTML.
- Tradeshow graphics and collateral materials.
- QuarkXpress, Illustrator, Photoshop and hand coded HTML.
Artist/Pre-Press - Hudson Printing and Graphic Design - Longview, Texas:
September 1994 – July 1995
- Conducted pre-press and trouble shooting client files for high-end output
- Designed in catalog and ad work.
Design Specialist - Brookshire Grocery Company - Tyler, Texas:
November 1991 – September 1994
- Full circular newspaper design, in-store posters and signage and slide shows with QuarkXpress, Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Conceptual abilities
- Leadership through creative inspiration
- Adobe Creative Suite: Dreamweaver, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Fireworks
- HTML / hand-coding
- Websites, banners, microsites, email campaigns
- After Effects
- DVD Studio Pro
- Macintosh OS system trouble-shooting
- Windows 98/XP/Vista experience
Awards / Honors
Summit Award, Bronze for iPod Flash promo.
APEX Award of Excellence for custom publishing magazine.
Inclusion in Big Book of Logos by David Carter.
Various awards through AAF in Houston Ad Federation.
Juror for Oklahoma State University Student Art Show. Evaluations given to senior portfolios.
Special Judges Award for Outstanding Creativity.
(East Texas Advertising Federation 10th district)
Addy award for Agency Christmas promotion. (East Texas Advertising Federation 10th district)
Silver, Bronze and Merit awards from the East Texas Advertising Federation 10th district
1st place in Graphex competition - Tulsa, Oklahoma.
Work completed for:
Apartial list includes: Sharp Electronics, Charles Schwab, Activision, Pixar, Blizzard, JC Penney, National Recording Academy of Arts& Sciences, All Star Guitar Night, Symantec, Sybase, Gibson Guitars,Loomis, Fargo & Co., Mitsubishi Caterpillar, Shell Oil, ShellChemicals, Solvay Polymers, BMW, TeleCheck, Temple Inland, Texas Parks and Wildlife, Texas Instruments, Good Samaritan Hospitals, Los AngelesPolice Protective League, Los Angeles Sherriff's Association, and CanonCommunications.
Additional work samples available at:
References Upon Request